- 400 grams chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 350 grams mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1 handful of mint
- 1 handful of dill
- 1 drizzle of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon’s grated peel
- 1 small yogurt to drizzle
- 500 grams mince mixture
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 3 tablespoons of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of dried mint
- 1 tablespoon of dried chilli flakes, optional
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 large brinjal, sliced
Shape balls of mince around skewers and refrigerate to set.
Crush spices using pestle and mortar.
Brush kebabs with oil and dust with spices.
Char-grill or braai until cooked.
Coat brinjal slices with oil and char-grill until soft.
Toss salad ingredients together and dress with lemon juice and olive oil.
Serve kebabs with yogurt and salad.