- 1 pack (usually comes with 8) Woolworths Pork Sausages/ bangers
- 500ml fresh apple juice
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- A pinch of rock salt
- 4 gourmet hotdog rolls to serve
- 3 Tbs apple sauce
- 1 Tbs wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- Place a thick bottomed pot onto a braai with the fresh apple juice, fennel seeds, fresh thyme and rock salt. Put on the pot lid and bring to a simmer. Once the liquid is simmering, add pork sausages and poach for 15 minutes. Remove from the liquid and lightly pat dry.
- Place porkies directly onto the braai rack and cook until the skin is slightly crispy and the sausage is cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together apple sauce, mustard, yoghurt, apples and cabbage.
- Slice the rolls in half, place a sausage inside each roll, then top with the apple slaw.