In six ingredients, you can make a chicken dish that not only compliments the cooking style of an open-fire but one that stays tender, flavourful and easy to make.
- 2 free-range chicken, spatchcocked
- 60 ml harissa paste
- 60 ml low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 juice and grated peel of lemon, (plus extra for serving)
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash milled pepper, to taste
- Place chickens on a large roasting tray.
- Mix remaining ingredients and rub all over chickens.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and par-cook chickens for 30 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Continue cooking chickens over medium-hot coals, turning occasionally, until juices run clear and chickens are cooked through.
- Squeeze over a little more lemon juice and serve.
- Chicken dries out easily, so take care not to overcook it on the braai.
- For added flavour, let the chickens marinate for up to six hours before.
Source: Moroccan Chicken on the Braai