- 4 Whole Trout gilled and gutted
- Robertsons Spice For Fish
- 2 Lemon
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 Lemon
- For the Yogurt Dressing:
- 250 ml Greek Yogurt double cream
- 45 ml Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 10 ml Wholegrain Mustard
- Robertsons Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- For oven baked fish, pre-heat oven to 200°C. If you are going to braai it, get your fire ready to braai the fish over medium hot coals.
- Rinse the trout well under cold water, then pat dry with a tea towel.
- Season the inside of the cut well with Robertsons Spice for Fish. Season the inside of the fish as well.
- Use lemon and sliced fennel slices to stuff into the cuts and cavity, then drizzle the stuffed parts with lemon juice. Season the outside of the fish with more Robertsons Spice for Fish.
- Place it on a piece of oiled foil on a roasting tray and roast in the oven at 200°C for 25 – 30 minutes.
- If you are going to braai it, place the fish inside a large hinged grid (without any foil) using a few lemon slices to protect the fish, then braai over medium hot coals on both sides for about 30 minutes in total.
- Oil the inside of your grid to ensure that the fish doesn’t stick to the grid.
- Transfer the fish to a large serving platter and serve with a bowl of yogurt dressing.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together.
Summer Braai Trout Recipe